My Indian-born husband is a fantastic cook. (It helps that I love Indian food.) This is a simple, Indian-style meat marinade that he uses often (for beef especially). The ingredients can all be found at a local Indian store or online.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission at NO extra cost to you! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
Indian Meat Marinade
For 1 pound of beef:
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (more if you like it spicier)
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder (should be in a 4:1 ratio with the chili powder)
- 10 pieces fennel seed (crushed)
- 5-10 whole peppers (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 3 pieces of garlic
- salt to taste
- Remove the skin from the garlic and peel the ginger. Mash them together (a mortar and pestle make this easy) to form a paste.
- Add all the other ingredients to the ginger/garlic paste and combine.
- Rub all over the meat and let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Cook as desired.